Designs and facilitates instructor-led trainings for companywide internal customers; tracks and analyzes training programs by examining training participants’ performances; recommends changes to the training programs; conducts advanced training programs for representatives/agents on all products/services, system software or system changes; participates in identifying training needs, and schedules trainings; Maintains learning records. Reliable, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work unrestricted hours; Analyze issues and create effective resolutions while managing multiple projects at one time.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not reflect all tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
INITIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (APPROXIMATELY 12 MONTHS)
The Trainer will report to the Sr. Director of Strategic Initiatives to assist in the implementation of a new Loan Origination System (LOS) and Point of Sale system (POS). Key responsibilities will include:
- Participating as part of the core implementation committee, involved in all aspects of the project, including but not limited to attending all meetings, testing functions of the systems, providing insight and feedback, meeting strict deadlines.
- Work with Learning and Development to create training content for existing employees transitioning to the new system as well as new hire training.
- Work with the other members of the Implementation Committee and Technical Writers to create written procedures and workflows for all screens, activities and tasks performed in or by the LOS/POS.
- Train internal resources on the new LOS/POS who will assist in onsite implementation and training for the branches.
This position will require traveling to NRL branches occasionally over a period of approximately 6 months to assist in onsite training of the new LOS/POS. The time onsite at a branch could be as long as 5 consecutive days.
The Trainer will permanently report to the Director of Learning and Development.
Performs tasks under normal direction of the Director of Learning and Development; Produces innovative course materials; Conducts instructor-led trainings that will influence and motivate companywide internal customers.
In addition, manages the training calendar, coordinates the deployment of all scheduled trainings, and encourages attendance; provides input on Learning and Development department communication materials; analyzes employee feedback and performance data to measure, identify, and eliminate performance gaps.
Consults with the Director of Learning and Development to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, products/services, and technologies; creatively develops and facilitates new trainings as needed; works with subject matter experts to identify training needs that may result from new or revised policies/procedures.
Maintains knowledge on adult learning theory, facilitation skills, and emerging training technologies up to date by attending training classes, courses, seminars, exhibits, trade shows, etc.
Analyzes trends, researches and proposes best practices in technology, delivery methods, and customer satisfaction; assesses departments’ current and future learning needs and gaps; provides research, analysis, consulting, and coaching to close departmental gaps as appropriate. Teach new instructors; learning programs on new products/services, system software or system changes and teaching procedures.
• An experienced mortgage professional with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the mortgage industry and an understanding of the basic flow of the operational mortgage process.
- Experience as an instructor-led trainer with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Computer skills in word, excel, publisher and graphic experience is preferred
- Basic knowledge of learning management systems (LMS) is preferred.
• The ability to build strong relationship, to provide excellent customer service, and to work in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.