Position Description: Accounting Officers provide services to accounting, record and income tax return customers with a high level of quality, accuracy and efficiency. These services include tax planning and tax preparation, consultative accounting services, payroll processing services, and record keeping. Promotes related services, actively participates in product referrals, business development and public relations activities, and maintains a favorable image.
- Delivers accounting services with thorough understanding of state and federal tax laws and regulations. Gathers complete and accurate financial data to prepare tax returns, records and payroll services.
- Educate and guide customers on sound accounting and financial management. Demonstrate an ability to work with customers to build rapport, confidence and sense of value.
- Develops new business by identifying and pursuing prospective customers as well as expanding the relationships of existing customers. Educates customers on Accounting and Consulting related products with a goal of identifying appropriate products & strategies to ensure customer success.
- Accounting Officers actively participate in educational programs for customers & prospects and are engaged with staff to share their product knowledge. Participates in team meetings to provide pertinent updates on products & services.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field. Must obtain and maintain Preparer Tax Identification Number. Enrolled Agent certification is preferred.
- Experience in tax preparation, with understanding of farm and business taxes preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of farm accounting principles and their application.
- Identifies and understands required customer information need to provide payroll, records, and tax return services, as well as basic consultative services.
- Proficient interpersonal relations, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory as required, including meeting with customers, prospects and referral generators.
- Adaptable and flexible to a changing work environment.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Thank you for your interest!
If your background aligns with our clients needs, one of our Recruiters will reach out.
Unfortunately due to high volumes of applicants, we may not be able to respond to those who are not a fit. If you do not hear from us regarding this application, please know we do appreciate your interest and encourage you to continue to keep an eye on our website for new opportunities.