Provide information on credit union products and services according to all credit union policies and procedures and Federal and State rules and regulations. Responsible for interviewing and evaluating applicants for routine loans, and processing loan applications. Gather background information and analyze loan applicant's credit history.
Saturday rotation required; may also require occasional travel for training as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Assist members with the loan application process to ensure completeness of information.
- Pull credit reports for all accounts, verify debts, and estimate monthly payments for any outstanding debts not listed and add them to debts on application.
- Calculate debt to income ratios on loan applicants.
- Complete loan applications over the phone and/or electronically.
- Validate automated approvals or denials of loan applications.
- When a loan is denied, explain reasons for denial in a professional, courteous manner. Work with member to provide recommendations or alternative options for other possible ways to secure a loan in the future.
- Verify the accuracy of loan amounts and repayment terms on approved loan applications.
- Complete loan documents and disburse loans when needed.
- Implement new loan products and services in accordance with management direction.
- Cross sell lending and other credit union products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to solve problems within established policies and procedures
- Ability to accept and perform new job responsibilities as needed
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening), professional appearance and positive attitude
- Basic math skills required (ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals)
- Have a thorough knowledge of Consumer Lending Compliance and Lending Regulations.
- Good working knowledge of credit models and credit scoring
Minimum 2 years experience originating loans
Must be familiar with - Consumer loans unsecured, collateralized loans (i.e. auto, boat motor & trailer, atv, utv, campers, RV’s etc.) credit cards, shared secured, certificate secured
Thank you for your interest!
If your background aligns with our clients needs, one of our Recruiters will reach out.
Unfortunately due to high volumes of applicants, we may not be able to respond to those who are not a fit. If you do not hear from us regarding this application, please know we do appreciate your interest and encourage you to continue to keep an eye on our website for new opportunities.