POSITION SUMMARY: Conducts internal audits to determine compliance with federal regulations, policies/procedures, and sound business practices. Risks and controls will be evaluated to determine strengths and/or weaknesses in business processes and will be reported to the appropriate parties.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Verifies compliance with internal control policies/procedures and federal regulations by examining records, reports, operating practices, and existing documentation for the Association’s business processes.
- Evaluates the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls/processes.
- Assesses and considers the potential for fraud while conducting internal audit engagements.
- Executes established test procedures. Demonstrates flexibility in prioritizing/completing tasks and communicating potential conflicts to leadership.
- Analyzes transactions, records, reports, and existing documentation to determine the adequacy of controls and assess the effectiveness of processes and/or activities.
- Determines whether the Association is operating in a safe and sound manner and is compliant with federal regulations and internal policies/procedures.
- Documents and reports review findings timely. Prepares supporting documentation and formal reports of all audits, including recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions. Creates high quality deliverables using appropriate business and technical language.
- Prepares exception trackers and verifies management’s timely remediation of unsatisfactory conditions.
- Assists the CAE in maintaining the Internal Audit Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP).
- Assists in the preparation of risk and control matrices with associated test plans.
- Able to manage multiple engagements/tasks and deadline driven. Demonstrates flexibility in prioritizing/completing tasks and communicating potential conflicts to leadership.
- Provides support for audits and examinations conducted by external parties (e.g., External Auditor, AgFirst, or FCA).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration.
- Generally, one to three years of experience in audit (internal or external) and/or credit review.
- Preferred certifications – CIA, CPA, or CISA. Optional certifications – CFE, CRMA, or others as designated and offered by Internal Audit or related governing bodies.
- Experience with business processes, financial reporting, and information technology risks, processes and controls.
- Experience with Corporate Governance and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Act’s regulations and requirements.
- Experience with testing ICFR/SOX controls and understanding of integrated audits.
- Ability to create high quality deliverables using appropriate business and technical language.
- Knowledge of current and emerging auditing technologies/tools such as AuditBoard, Workiva, ACL, IDEA, or other data analytics/mining software.
- Knowledge of COSO framework, CoBIT and/or other leading business and information technology control frameworks.
- Competency performing regulatory research and able to summarize relevant requirements.
- Experience in conducting loan reviews preferred.
- Ability to identify regulatory compliance gaps within internal guidance (policies and procedures).
- Use tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends. Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Use straightforward communication (verbal and written), in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments, and perspectives. Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self-awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF software. Working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- May require up to 20% travel.
- Adaptable and flexible to a changing work environment.
Thank you for your interest!
If your background aligns with our clients needs, one of our Recruiters will reach out.
Unfortunately due to high volumes of applicants, we may not be able to respond to those who are not a fit. If you do not hear from us regarding this application, please know we do appreciate your interest and encourage you to continue to keep an eye on our website for new opportunities.