Full-Time Experienced Mortgage Underwriters-- Experience Underwriting manual loans is required for consideration
National Mortgage Staffing is currently seeking experienced Underwriters- both Conventional and Government designated for several of our clients. Candidate must be willing to work remotely from home.
Benefits of the Mortgage Underwriter
- Full Benefits
- Regular Holidays off
Responsibilities of the Mortgage Underwriter
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner: by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
- Ensures all data noted in loan origination system is consistent with documentation contained in the loan file.
- Reviews loan files to validate that all requirements of Company’s product descriptions have been met and the loan is underwritten in accordance to investor and/or applicable agency (FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA) guidelines.
- Insures that any loan file underwritten is within their authority as defined by their direct manager.
- Properly conditions a loan file in accordance with investor, agency and/or Company guidelines as applicable to the individual loan
- Reviews the loan appraisal and any supporting documentation in accordance with standard underwriting guidelines as defined by the product-specific investor and/or the agency guidelines.
- Verifies that all third-party quality control supporting documentation is contained within the loan file has been reviewed and meets the company standards.
- Verifies that all requirements of the operations/policy manual, as it pertains to underwriting, have been met.
- Communicates proactively with the internal staff on the status of all loans.
- Completes all task tracking requirements in the loan origination system.
- Responsible for adhering to the targeted underwriting turn-time requirements, while also assisting in the exception process in order to meet customer closing expectations on a case-by-case basis. Proactively communicates with their manager in the event turn-time expectations cannot be met.
- Assists the Quality Control Department and the Post-Closing Department in obtaining missing documentation needed in order to render a loan saleable in the secondary market.
- Ensures the compliance of all federal, state and investor requirements as outlined in the operations manual.
Requirements of the Mortgage Underwriter
- 3+ years residential mortgage lending experience with good knowledge of lending regulations and credit/collateral analysis practices
- Recent Frontline Underwriting experience
- Strong Mortgage underwriting background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to adapt well to a fast-paced and constantly changing business environment
- PC proficient at the intermediate level
- Comfortable with new technology systems and paperless environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrated ability to provide good customer service.