Closing Manager- Experienced Required
National Mortgage Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Mortgage Closing Manager. Interested Candidates should have experience working as a Mortgage Closing Manager within the past 3 years.
Benefits of the Mortgage Closing Manager
- Full time
- Salary + Bonus
- Paid time off
- Health Benefits
Responsibilities of the Mortgage Closing Manager
- Oversee associates who gather and review all information for completion of settlement documents, charges and instructions from documentation provided in file - i.e. state required forms, closing figures, rec sheet etc.; oversee associates who review credit, appraisal, title binder, survey /plat map, disclosures and other documents for expiration dates, conditions of approval and compliance.
- Resolve customer related problems that have gone beyond the Closer. This is done with the input of various parties involved from the branch or department.
- Coach and counsel staff for peak performance. Address and resolve issues of poor performance or unacceptable behavior. Work to determine best approach to resolve an employee problem.
- Prepare accurate and timely performance appraisals.
- Provide information and training to the Closers. Discuss changes in procedures, policies and guidelines helping to interpret and clarify their meanings and intended usage.
- Analyze, suggest, develop and implement procedural changes to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Manage and monitor the pipeline as needed.
- Follow-up on accounts payable function to ensure bills are paid accurately, in a timely manner and allocated to the appropriate cost center.
- Insure proper staffing and training of the Closing team; responsible for the interviewing and selection of qualified candidates.
Requirements of the Mortgage Closing Manager
- This position requires at least six (6) years of mortgage banking experience.
- Minimum three (3) years Closing Management experience or equivalent required.
- A thorough knowledge of conventional, Home Equity, FHA and VA underwriting guidelines and the ability to apply guidelines to individual loan files is necessary.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and produce results
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to handle frequent changes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Creative/innovative problem solver
- High level of integrity
- Self-motivated/takes initiative
- Proficiency with computers