Candidate will provide quality underwriting of VA residential mortgage applications originated through our multiple business channels. This individual will be responsible for evaluating the credit and property documentation on loan files so that appropriate decisions are made as to the acceptability of the investment risk. He or she will maintain a daily workload as needed to ensure prompt turnaround time as dictated by management. Candidate will approve, decline, or suspend loans based on investor requirements and guidelines. With those requirements in mind, you will evaluate the risk of residential mortgage loans on a timely basis and issue a sound underwriting decision. Each decision will be measured based on company quality control plans and investor/regulatory compliance.
- Must have VA LAPP and have recent VA underwriting experience
- Underwrite loans through use of automated underwriting systems (DU/LP)
- Thorough knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC guidelines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Tax Return analysis
- Collateral; review and evaluate risk factors
- Ability to evaluate overall risk factors within a loan and make sound decisions based on make-sense analysis of all facets of the loan
- Understand the Four C’s of underwriting and ability to explain it
- Condition review
Senior Executive Recruiter
TOLL FREE: (800) 603-1651
FAX: (480) 287-9066
Visit us at www.nationalmortgagestaffing.com to view a list of our open positions.