Must reside in: CO, WY, OK, NV or NC
The Application Developer provides top quality solutions that meet application solution needs of Company's business line departments. This is a journey level role responsible for translating software requirements into well-designed solutions; working with 'off the shelf' software, modifying it and integrating it into the existing architecture; and maintaining programs for business applications.
- Utilizes sound software development life cycle (SDLC) practices and accurately follows established procedures for delivering application solutions that support critical business strategies.
- Works closely with suppliers to ensure successful software or hardware implementation, maintenance, and support.
- Commits application configuration updates to stage / test environment and plans for rollbacks.
- Troubleshoots issues and resolving incidents in support of existing production applications.
- Initiates action to correct quality problems or notifies others of quality issues as appropriate.
- Prepares documentation and provides user training on new system applications.
- Works closely with suppliers to ensure successful software or hardware implementation and support.
- Facilitates architecture review and ensures that all architectural products are updated and maintained.
- Maintains understanding of the full architecture stack with an ability to communicate effectively on a variety of information technology (IT) topics.
- Identifies and solves technical, process, or interpersonal problems to ensure projects are delivered within required timelines and expectations.
Application Development Manager
This role does not have supervisory responsibility.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in application development which includes supporting business applications for diverse operating systems and platforms and/or structured query language (SQL) development for relational databases.
- Experience with Episys and PowerOn development.
- Experience with financial institution technologies: Jack Henry technologies (Episys, Synapsys, Synergy, ARCU), OpCon, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of architecture / systems engineering best practices, systems process design, software design, programming principles, or equivalent processes.
- Adequate knowledge of Object Oriented programming and networking
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or field of study related to the work performed.
- Experience with FiServ DNA, FIS Miser, Corelation Keystone, MeridianLink, Encompass, Digital Insight, Q2, COTS, Image Center.
- Mainframe coding experience using COBOL.
- Project management experience in an iterative project management methodology.
- Experience supporting business applications within a financial institution.
- Familiarity with the Unix operating system, Unix shell scripting, or similar.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (PowerShell).
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification, or previous work within an ITIL environment.
Thank you for your interest!
If your background aligns with our clients needs, one of our Recruiters will reach out.
Unfortunately due to high volumes of applicants, we may not be able to respond to those who are not a fit. If you do not hear from us regarding this application, please know we do appreciate your interest and encourage you to continue to keep an eye on our website for new opportunities.